There is now intense pressure on organisations to behave in a social, ethical and environmentally accountable manner.
Corporate governance, compliance and social responsibility are becoming increasingly important considerations for existing shareholders, potential investors and lenders.
Environmental Liability Insurance covers costs related to contamination of air, water or land due to the sudden and accidental release of hazardous material from your business. These can include the costs of brownfield restoration (land previously used for industrial or some commercial uses) and cleanup, as well as liability for injury or death caused by pollution. The policy may also protect against cost overruns or regulatory changes that increase the cost of cleanup.
It is difficult for businesses to understand their environmental risks and organisations need to be aware that in many instances their liability insurance policies will not cover them for pollution liabilities.
There are different types of Environmental Liability Insurance products available, and these include:
- Premises Pollution Liability Insurance
- Contractors Pollution Liability Insurance
- Tank Safe Storage Tank Liability Insurance
- Healthcare Premises Pollution Liability Insurance
Cover under these policies can extend to include cover for:
- Sudden, accidental and gradual pollution
- Remediation costs for pollution emanating from your business location
- Remediation costs for claims from government agencies for pollution emanating from your business locations
- Cover for injury or property damage to third parties
- Legal defence expenses for any claims covered under the policy
- Cover for emotional distress or mental anguish claims
- Cover for natural resource damage claims
Find out what Austbrokers Countrywide can do for you.
For an obligation free insurance review, talk with one of our specialist brokers today to find out more.
What does this policy cover?
This policy covers claims from third parties for negligent acts, omissions or breaches of professional duty as a result of the professional service or advice of a United Voice member.
How do I make a claim under this policy?
This policy is written on a ‘Claims Made Basis’. This means that the coverage is provided for claims that are notified to the insurer during the period of cover.
If an incident occurs which you believe may give rise to a claim under this policy, or you discover a loss has occurred, you must make contact with Austbrokers Countrywide immediately and provided written notice to them.
The Insurer has appointed panel solicitors in every state to assist members with official and/or disciplinary enquiries and any allegations of professional negligence
Contact Email address: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number – 1300 365 152
How is the policy cover triggered?
A Civil liability claim for compensation arising from a breach of professional duty in the conduct of your profession.
Costs and expenses incurred, with the written consent of the insurer, in the defence or settlement of any claim covered by this policy.
Cover provided under this policy extends to include?
- Privately billed work up to $10,000 (weekend work or private consulting work)
- Pro bono and voluntary work
- Work as an employee where the employer is not covering the member
- Disciplinary, coronial or any official enquiries into a members conduct
- Alleged Defamation
- Alleged breaches of Consumer Protection Acts and related legislation
- Alleged Molestation (legal defence costs)
- Run off cover – automatic cover for 7 years after member retires and cease to be a United Voice member.
Toll free: 1800 245 123
P: (03) 9835 1300
F: (03) 9763 5932
Level 2, 35 Dalmore Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179